Psychiatry Services & Medication
He dedicates time during visits to understanding problems from their root with a caring and empathetic approach.
Dr. Randhava understands the complexities of the brain and has extensive experience helping children, teens, and adults from diverse backgrounds gain control in understanding their mental health. As a board certified child/adolescent and adult psychiatrist, he sees individuals experiencing challenges from a variety of issues and addresses them through medication management, psychotherapy, or both.
Dr. Randhava occasionally has his furry chocolate lab companion and certified therapy dog, Coco, present. This can be particularly helpful in providing a calming and reassuring presence for children.
Frequently asked questions
- What are the benefits of seeing a psychiatrist?
- When should I consider seeing a psychiatrist?
- Aren’t children too young for medication?
- How often are appointments?
A psychiatrist has completed specialized medical training, residency, and a fellowship program focused on the treatment of mental health conditions and use of psychotropic medications. They have an in-depth understanding of neuroscience and have extensive clinical experience. They have a more specialized understanding than a general physician.
- If you’d like to understand more about the diagnosis
- If you’d like to learn more about if medication can help
- If the symptoms are impacting daily functioning and are not resolving after a period of therapy treatment